Monday, October 17, 2011

My New Obsession

In the past, when I saw a picture of an idea I liked I printed it out. Once I had it in my hands I was not going to loose it (but then I'd step on it or spill something on it and I'd toss it, never to find the picture again). Then recently I began saving them in my photo app, but I'd usually never go back and look at them again.

A few weeks ago I discovered Pinterest, a social networking website involving "pinning" photos for others to see and also "pin." Pinning them puts them into various folders you create, which you categorize into standard folders. Once a member, one can follow whomever one wants, look at thousands of folders, and get ideas on anything from outfits to home decor, new products to traveling.

Here are some pins I would like to share:

This is a great example of what it means to be on Pinterest. Pinterest has all kinds of photos on it, and it is impossible to get on without finding 50 things you want to do, and then even more impossible to ever get off again.

I had been looking for this hairstyle forever and was so excited when I found it. I have lived in North Carolina all my life and couldn't imagine calling anywhere else my home. Part of being a Southern Belle is always looking ones best, which includes ones hair. There are all kinds of hair and make up tutorials that link to various blogs all over Pinterest, it's impossible to not find the perfect look for you.

I love to travel and there are all kinds of amazing photos to give me ideas on my next destination. This is a photo of the tallest church in the world. It is in Ulm, Germany. I actually stayed in Ulm for 2 weeks when I was 15 and too young to fully appreciate the opportunity. This is the town where Albert Einstein was born, although you wouldn't know it because Germany disowned him when he allied with the Allies during WWII. I also had never seen meat sold the way it was here. In America we don't see what the animal actually looks like except for fish. In most other countries they sell parts of the animals whole in the city market.

This is an example of one of many great ideas I have found on the website. Being more of a killer than a grower of plants I can take all the advice I can get. I'll need to go out and buy some generic diapers and see if this works!

A photo of a craft project someone completed and posted. There are all kinds of holiday ideas and links to tutorials on creating holiday decor. It is so much cheaper to buy a few supplies and create it than to go to Pottery Barn or Pier One. And this way you can personalize it. I'm showing this one because I actually recreated it! I will post photos soon!

I think that's enough photos of now. I hope you enjoyed these pics! I'll post some pics of kitchen inspiration soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment