Friday, October 21, 2011

Keeping a Clean Home

I know somedays I just don't want to clean. I'll rinse the dishes, but they may not make it into the dishwasher. The toilet is starting to get a little dirty but I just don't feel like scrubby the nastiness. I regularly have shoes strewn about and clothes laying on my bed. I have a blanket that clashes horribly against my light green couch that I rarely put away. And I won't even begin to talk about Zoe's toys and hair everywhere. But it is always on the worst days that someone is driving through the neighborhood and decides to stop by. I clean the next day and no one comes over for another few weeks or months.

When everything works itself up it is hard to look at one thing and just do it. You tend to see the whole picture get very overwhelmed. So you don't clean, let it get even messier and you get even more overwhelmed. I know this isn't everyone, and for those of you who maintain a clean home please leave advice. For the rest of you, here are things I have been told work and I hope to implement into my daily routine.


I have talked about FlyLady before, and I do again because it really is a great resource. It gives great advice on keep a clean home, decluttering your home, and living an overall relaxed life. She walks you through baby steps to set up a routine for your everyday. She advices against starting a routine you haven't eased your way into. But if done properly you will have a clean home ready for guests at anytime.

She will take you through steps to have a clean sink, bathroom, and living area. You will get into the habit of preparing for tomorrow, tonight, so you won't be stressed out before a big presentation. You will read testimonies from others just like you (or worse) who have tried and failed, only to succeed later on. People's lives have been changed by this, and even if your life isn't in shambles, your life can only benefit from these suggestions.

I'd love to hear what you think of this system. I've tried it several times and never get it going. But I'm going to try again! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment