Saturday, October 22, 2011

Upcoming Projects!

Lately I have been doing a bit of close out and second hand shopping. One of my favorite stores is Tuesday Morning. It is similar to TJ Maxx in that it's close out items, and a consignment shop in that it's a whole bunch of random stuff. At Tuesday Morning I purchased a wooden tray, and a large candle holder. Then today I went to Goodwill and found an amazing serving bowl, and a tin tray. Then when I was in line to pay I found the picture frames and picked up a fantastic frame with a large chip in the paint and a not so pretty picture in it. All of the following photos were found on Pinterest, then I followed them to their respective blog. Here's what I plan on doing coming up:

First are my little projects that will probably only take about a day. They mostly involve painting and other little upgrades.

This is something I may do to the tin tray, as shown by the Consignment Designer. It has etching in the center. I'm thinking of either hot glueing beads like these to it, or painting it gold. I'm leaning towards painting it gold, and getting a mirrored piece of glass (or making one with the Kylon mirrored product), and glueing beads on it. Does anyone know where to get fun cut glass or mirror?

Next up is the tray. This photo comes from Canadian House and Home. I haven't decided how I will decorate it, but I'm leaning towards chevron. I don't know if I will paint or use fabric, or maybe ribbon. I was originally thinking of using scrapbook paper and am so grateful I found this photo. Painting may be easier. What do you think, white and pink stripes?

In this photo Centsational has glued a glass plate to a wine and margarita glass. I already have the two pieces together, all I have to do is paint. Maybe a light pink? I am going to place it on the tray so maybe gold. What do you think?

This is what I plan to do with the picture frame I purchased. Here, Love Feast Table has painted a frame and is putting in a cork board. I plant on also putting fabric over the cork board or painting it.

This is a photo of one of my bigger projects. I'm going to begin my kitchen redo soon. The DIY Showoff has done a great job here of painting her cabinets. I'm painting my cabinets white. I'm also going to get some cute knobs and paint them white with little blue flowers. I'm very excited about the finished product!


I'm also going to paint the walls white. I may add these stencils just like in the photos. My kitchen is so small though, I'm not sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment