Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Framed Bulletin board

Over the years I have almost always had a bulletin board in my room and I always used them a lot. But when I moved into my condo, they didn't make it into the condo. I either tossed them or they are at my parents house. Well I had seen all these cute bulletin boards with old picture frames. So I did the same.

First, I went to Goodwill and found a great picture frame with a not so pretty photo. It was a modern photo from the 90s of a bird or something. But the frame was so nice I just had to buy it. I think it was $15.

I took out the photo (not fun, it was stapled in), took it outside and sprayed the base coat on it. I had originally purchased for my tray. Then I painted it with the oil paint I also used for my tray. When I was painted the first coat I realized how cute it was with just a single, thin coat. It's kind of shabby chic. The original color was a dark silver, so it really looks great. Here are some photos of the finished product!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete