Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm back!


Hey everyone! It has been so long since I last posted, saying I was back. I have been so busy, and have so much going on. But I realized that at this age everyone does, so why not share my experiences that have brought me away from blogging. Here is a quick run down of what's been going on with me lately.

Career change: I really feel like I am going nowhere as a Pharmacy Technician with Target. I pride myself on viewing everyone as my equal and not looking down on anyone, especially not because of their job choice, but I do look down on myself. A year ago I began trying to become an office assistant, to no avail. I then did what I told myself I would never do. I decided to pursue education again. But once again, and increasingly frustratingly, to no avail.

Health issues: I have Crohn's disease, but have been in remission for 10 years. I decided to go off of my meds almost 2 years ago, and it has finally come back to bite me. After several medical tests I have discovered that I am actually pretty sick. What is good is that I am in no pain, and that there has been a ton of research done of the past 10 years, and many new drugs available.

First time home buyer: I am looking to buy a house! I am really enjoying shopping and planning, as well as looking into decor. My primary problem is that in order to afford the house (realistically) I want, I have to have a teaching position, or at least that income.

Parental involvement: my parents have always been uncomfortably involved in my life. They have always been very open minded, and know that I am a good girl, and were only mad that I would come home late in college because they didn't know where I was and may not have slept well. They would also ask a lot of questions, just to know what was going on. But it always feels intrusive. They also still help me out financially in a big way, where most of my friends are financially independent.

Dating: why can't I find Mr. Right?

While these issues have brought me away from the computer, I think these experiences will also bring me back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment