Friday, August 27, 2010

Fall is coming!

August is coming to a close, which means that Fall is almost here! I have never been so excited about Fall!
I went to WCU, an itty bitty school in the Western tip of North Carolina, about 5 hours west of Raleigh (no, you haven't hit Tennessee yet!). There was nothing there, and when I say nothing I mean we had a Wal-mart the next town over, and that was it. The entire county had about 3 bars.
Well my beloved Catamounts will be attempting to take on the Wolfpack in just over a week on September 4th. While I am not expecting much in relation to the game, I am excited that I have some college friends trying to come up, as well as some more recent friends interested in attending.
I am also excited about taking a trip to the mountains this fall. While all of North Carolina turns lovely shades of orange, red and yellow, nowhere is more beautiful than the Blue Ridge Parkway. I hope to go camping along the Blue Ridge Parkway, where they have wonderful facilities, clean restrooms and campsites that allow you to back your car right up. That is as close to camping as I will get.
I also want to go to an orchard and pick apples. I did with Campus Outreach one year, a Christian organization at WCU. We had so much fun, and the ladies made an apple pie afterwards. Warm apple cider and apple pie, a wonderful way to get ready for fall!
What are your favorite Fall traditions? Now that we are on our own it is time to continue and create our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment