Saturday, January 8, 2011

I am a homeowner!

I bought my home yesterday! My mom and I have already rolled the entire living room, I'm getting a couch and a new closet on Tuesday, my dining room table and coffee table I ordered online and should arrive soon, and so I plan to be living there end of next week, slowly moving over the rest of my stuff.
Life is also starting to get back to normal which is wonderful! One of my bible studies starts back next week (I better get going on my homework!), and I have dinner plans with some girlfriends... And I finally paid for a match.com month, and I've been emailing a guy and we have plans coming up. We'll see how this goes.
But life has returned to normal! After everything that has been going on, my life is finally starting to settle down. And I will share my adventure in my new life!
If your life has been like mine over the past few months, here is what to do:

- Compartmentalize and separate. Create a folder for the big things (buying a house) and only deal with that when you literally sit down with it. Don't worry about it at work.

- Mark big dates on the calendar. Of course mark the date you must turn in such and such information, but keep the date in mind that the big thing is over (closing date). It may inch forward for awhile, but it will speed up.

- Once that day comes, relax! Because you have earned the result! And you probably have a lot of work to do now with the result.

I have really enjoyed my time of house hunting, and am very happy with the result. I can't wait to share the finished project. But here are a few teasers from before I bought it!







This photo was taken during the inspection, so just look past the sweet inspectors gear.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment