Monday, October 31, 2011

Current events

This is my opinion on recent events. I do want to say that I don't think ill of anyone involved and I don't mean offense. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and here's mine!

I don't know if this is a photo pre-announcement or not, but I know I've seen a photo of her obviously pregnant recently before she announced her pregnancy today. Either way Jessica Simpson is preggers! She is the last person I ever thought would become pregnant out-of-wedlock. I remember in hs (I think?) when she married Nick, I read that she was a virgin. I'm not overly surprised she had sex before another marriage, but I am kinda surprised she got pregnant. Either way, she is beautiful and seems so sweet. I think she will be a wonderful mother and I am so excited for her!

Celebrities are the kings and queens of quickie weddings, one can only assume for the attention. I've seen the show a few times and I get the impression that the three girls are the only ones with good heads on their shoulders. But everyone has their quirks.
Either way, the beautiful Kim Kardashian has filed for a divorce today. Also today, her wedding special aired. I believe the special just began airing, it was filmed only 72 days ago. She sold the rights to her marriage photos for $79 million dollars. That adds to over $10,000 a day! On top of this, her husband was supposedly unaware of her intentions of divorce. So happy I'm not a celebrity!

First of all, I think it's very brave that they are standing up for what they believe in so strongly. To continue camping for so long, through this weather, it's truly amazing to me. And I love the way they have set up green energy when their gas generators were taken away, that have a library and a convenience store.
But I will admit that I don't completely agree with what they are doing. Now I will admit that all I know is what I have read in the first paragraph of a Wikipedia article, so please forgive me for my ignorance. But representatives have admitted that they don't have any real goals aside from recognition. They aren't asking for government assistance, tax changes, nothing. But I don't really know exactly what they can ask for. It's not really fair to ask those who worked hard (or who's grandparents worked hard) for a large amount of money. I like to believe hard work pays, but I know that unfortunately this doesn't always happen.

I come from a family of white-collar workers who went to college, but none of them ever did overly well. I don't believe any of my family has ever been impoverished, but definitely have never been living in the lap of luxury. I am currently unemployed and my parents are supporting me. They pay my bills and give me money for crafts to give me something to do, but I'm not making as much as I would if I were teaching. But I don't blame it on anyway, it's just the way the cards were dealt. I have no experience teaching elementary except for being a TA for a year. I have all the qualifications on paper, but there is always someone with better qualifications for the position. Since my parents are able to support me rather than getting money through the government, I'd rather it be me than someone with children to support and no financial support.
But I don't think they are going to get anywhere by sitting around with signs. They need to by out their hunting for jobs and going back to school like everyone else, becoming more qualified for jobs. They need to create a plan that the government can implement that will benefit the poor and the rich. They need to calmly speak to the 1% and the government, sharing their side, listening to the others side, and coming up with a solution together.
I agree that the money should be more evenly distributed based on work. Unfortunately it will never happen that way. Even in a communist civilization, someone must be in charge, and that power will often go to their heads, making society uneven again. Life will never be perfect, but with help from the government we may be able to persuade the wealthiest to donate money and the unemployed to do odd jobs, working on roads and construction, that may not be necessary but would benefit the public.

These are all just my opinions. I don't think any of the people I mentioned are bad people, but I believe I have every right to disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment